TMJ dysfunction is experienced by over 60,000,000 people in the United States alone, and is increasing daily. Resting your jaw would be ideal, but how do you stop breathing, swallowing chewing, and talking.
TMJ shares common symptoms with other diseases. Some of the symptoms may be:
- Clicking, or popping of jaw.
- Limited jaw opening, or movement
- Pain in face, or head
- Headaches, or migraines
- Dysfunction, and poor tongue position and movement
- Coughing, or frequently clearing throat
- Sore jaw in AM
- Tinnitus, or ringing in ears
- Dizziness, or vertigo
- Sinus pain, drainage, congestion, problems
- Red eyes
- Body pain, stiffness, or numbness
- Cold extremities, such as toes, fingers, hands feet, arms, legs
- Limited flexibility, or range of motion on all body areas
- Digestive Problems
- Hypertension, high blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Sleep Apnea,
- Thyroid problems
TMJ dysfunction can be categorized in multiple ways:
- Internal injury
- Degenerative joint disease
- Other bodily injury, or trauma
- Myofacial pain
- Neck shoulder joints, and other body pain, numbness, or stiffness
- Causes associated with TMJ dysfunction READ ON
- Trauma to jaw
- Trauma to body such as whiplash, even twisted ankle
- Poor fitting dentures
- Previous oral surgury
- Missing, or extra teeth, asymmetries, and imbalances
- Poor Sleep
- Difficulty Breathing
- Serious life change such as death in family, divorce, changing residence
- Charged emotions
Proper nutrition, and supplements to improve vitality, sense of wellbeing, body’s ability to overcome daily challenges, and adapt.
Vitamins A, B 1,2,3,6, C, Calcium, Chromium picolinate, Cinnamon, Copper,Co Q10, D,E, Fish Oil, Flax Seed Oil, Iron, K, Magnesium, Pantothenic acid, Phosphorus, Potassium
TMJ treatment: Improving your sleep, wellbeing, vitality, and ability to adapt
Improving oral function has far reaching effects on one’s overall health. When you help even one patient with TMJ dysfunction, reducing pain and/or stiffness, experienced in the head, jaw, mouth throat, neck and shoulders, the patients’ other systems and body parts are affected secondarily Our office takes a holistic approach to all dental treatment we provide. It is our hope that these other symptoms and parts are secondarily somehow improved. By improving a patient’s oral function we have seen how it can positively change the patients’ relationships with children, spouse, parents, friends, and work. As one gets out of pain and survival mode the very way patients view and interact with the world may evolve, going up the psychologist Maslow’s level on hierarchy. Dr. Seal has worked for years with Dr. Farrand Robson DDS, the Doctor who discovered and continues to develop Oral Systemic Biology. OSB is a fundamental advance in Health Science. It is a therapy that goes beyond symptom management.
Please call our office for a consultation, and exam. We have helped hundreds of wonderful people who have experienced the symptoms you are now experiencing.
Thank you, Dr Tom Seal, and Welcome to our practice.